Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Dinner - I did it!

For those of you who didn't know, I decided to host Easter Dinner at our house this past weekend. Obviously splitting holiday's between families can be a pain, so I decided that since neither family was doing anything major that we'd just have them all over to our house. Incase you're not aware, that is 9 people in total.

As the days got closer I was actually very worried that I wouldn't be able to pull off cooking a big meal (ham, potatoes, corn, rice, asparagus, bread, hawaiian salad + veggies for snacking). It's not that I can't cook, but I've never cooked for 9 people. I was mostly worried about everything not being done at the same time (which is usually my biggest problem when cooking). But I was very proud of myself as I did as much prep as I could on saturday and then everything turned out pretty good on Sunday!

I totally forgot to take pictures though... I wanted to but then I guess I just got side tracked. The table was extended and we had to get a folding table to accomidate everyone, but we packed them in (with 1 seat to spare!).

All in all I think it turned out very good for my first big dinner. :) But of course now everyone knows I can do it so I won't be able to say no... ha.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Congratulations!