Thursday, December 28, 2006

Fresh Pear

Well it’s been quite some time since I posted anything new [sorry about that!] Everyone knows, and should understand, that between Thanksgiving and Christmas is always super busy. Between shopping, wrapping, family events and work it’s hard to find time for yourself.

The holidays were good this year, obviously it was our first in the new house [woo hoo!]. And being that as it is, we definitely got a lot of household stuff for Christmas. I guess that is part of growing up, you start to receive ‘joint presents’ instead of fun stuff for yourself [not that I didn’t get any, but the majority was house related.] With all the stuff we got the house is finally starting to come together. I no longer need to crush stuff with my giant ladle because we got a rolling pin. We finally got a hand mixer so I can stop wearing myself out while trying to blend/mix/combine/fold ingredients together. Plus we got a bunch of other stuff, mainly kitchen items it seems.

Since my job is so cushy I have been off since last Friday 12/22 [and enjoying every minute of it]. Saturday, Sunday & Monday was all family-Christmas gatherings. Tuesday Tom and I were fairly productive, finally putting up our DVD shelves that we’ve had since day 1 but hadn’t gotten around to. This means our DVDs are finally out of boxes! All day yesterday was spent, by me mainly as Tom’s job isn’t as cushy and he had to go back to work, painting our dining room. Yep, in only two months we’ve painted 2 rooms of our condo [I’m ambitious what can I say?]

I had decided on a pretty bright green a while ago when I fell in love with this rug [of course from Crate & Barrel… where else?] Well the color is called ‘Fresh Pear’ and as you can see from the pictures below… it’s BRIGHT. J I love it though; it really brightens up the room. Obviously it is sort of over whelming right now because the room is pretty bare. But once we have the rug, which I’m buying tomorrow, and some pictures for the walls and curtains it will really tie all together.

Today I was going to touch up the paint [when I pulled off all the tape from the trim there are a few spots that need it] but my hands hurt pretty bad from all the painting yesterday that I instead decided to clean the house [like REALLY clean, tub and all!]

Let me know what you think of the new color [photos are listed Before, During and After.]

No comments: